Mobile Marketing is taking the Business world by storm!
Smart phones are everywhere. The majority of local searches are now happening from a mobile device. Is your website mobile ready? What about mobile coupons or text message marketing? Those business owners who take notice and position themselves at the leading edge of this unstoppable trend will benefit with the lion’s share of the profits!
There are a lot of new and exciting marketing strategies formulated every day in an attempt to penetrate into the public’s interests. One of the most effective, cutting-edge marketing methods being used today is mobile marketing. Thanks to the overwhelmingly popular and ubiquitous cell phone, businesses can no longer ignore the importance of a mobile-friendly presence if they really want to reach their target audiences.
Mobile marketing encompasses many different types of marketing techniques and strategies that help businesses increase profits and ROI. The most popular forms of mobile marketing today are: mobile-friendly websites, SMS text message marketing, and QR (Quick Response) codes.
Mobile is Google’s #1 Initiative
In February 2010 Google’s CEO Eric Schmidt announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona that, “Google will consider ‘mobile first’ in all future endeavors.” In other words, anything Google creates from here on out will be first placed on the mobile platform and then be worked around for the desktop. He concluded by saying,.. “Mobile is pretty much the answer on everything.”
You may be wondering why everyone is hopping on the mobile marketing bandwagon…
This should help clear it up:
- Consumers are using their mobile devices to access the Internet more than ever before – and it’s expected to grow at astonishing rates over the next few years. If your business is not using mobile methods to attract customers, you are simply missing out on business.
- There are approximately just shy of 5 BILLION mobile subscribers across the world. This means that you can target pretty much anyone using mobile methods.
- Most mobile device users keep their phones within arm’s reach over 90 percent of the time. So if you use SMS Text Message Marketing, most of your messages will be opened and read by your recipients – usually within 15 minutes. This leads to higher promotional redemption rates, which leads to more sales, which leads to more profits.
- Americans today are spending an average of three hours per day on the Internet from their mobile devices. Your business should have the proper mobile presence if you want to get a piece of this action.
- In 2009, approximately half a BILLION people went online using their mobile device. This number is expected to double within the next 5 years. It’s not too late to implement mobile marketing techniques in your business. This technology is still in its infancy and if you jump onboard now, your chance of success will be much greater.
- By 2013, mobile Internet usage is expected to exceed desktop Internet usage. This means that more people will access the Internet via their mobile device than they will their desktop computer. Simply put: reaching your audience via the mobile channel will be even more crucial if you want to beat your competition.
- According to Facebook official statistics from January 2011, more than 200 million Facebook users out of over 600 million (That’s approximately 1/3 of them) are using their mobile devices to access Facebook! The study also revealed that mobile Facebook users are twice as active as non-mobile users.
These facts indicate the serious impact that mobilizing your business will have on your sales, profits, and ROI over the coming months and years.